Inspection of the Winter Term Exam
Exam reviews are only possible under strict compliance with hygiene standards by all involved and throughout the time. Therefore, please read the following Information thoroughly:
- A review of the winter term exam of the module „Business Strategy“ is possible on Friday, April 16, 2021 in room H1 at Lange Gasse 20 in 90403 Nuremberg from 1pm until 4.30pm;
- Exam inspections will take place in small groups, each student gets an individual appointment;
- Therefore, you need to register in advance via e-mail. Send it to email@example.com until April 12, 2021 at the latest – you will get an e-mail with your individual time slot on April 14, 2021;
- You need to arrive on time for the slot that we confirm to each of you individually via e-mail. If not, it expires. Each student has 15 minutes within one slot;
- Please note that individuals who have symptoms, specifically those of you who have a respiratory illness or suffer from any other unspecific more general illness symptoms, are not allowed to show up and review their exam. The same applies to people, who have been in touch with people suffering from COVID-19 within the last 14 days. With your appearance, you confirm that this does not apply to you. In case you are affected and belong to the named group of people, please do reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- When on site, you need to keep a distance of at least 1.5 meters throughout the time;
- You furthermore are obliged to wear a FFP2 face mask at all times when on site. Please also wash your hands thoroughly before entering the room;
- We will not answer any questions on the exam in order to reduce interactions and the required time to a minimum;
- You are allowed to take notes and to send any questions afterwards via e-mail to email@example.com.
We appreciate your understanding and thank you!
This course focuses on selected theories, concepts and tools of strategic management. Typically, the term „strategic“ management refers to seeing the company and its environment and considering long-run decisions that affect the company as a whole. It is concerned with the totality of what a company is trying to achieve and it helps us to understand why some companies thrive while other companies struggle to survive.
The central tasks of strategic management are formulation and implementation of strategies, both at business and corporate level. At business level, the notion of competitive ad-vantage is a central issue; at corporate level, the challenge of contributing value to businesses is crucial. The course „business strategy“ addresses the business level of strategy making.
The course uses a combination of lecture sessions and case study sessions in order to provide the analytic and conceptual foundations for making strategic decisions. The case study sessions are designed to introduce typical strategic challenges that companies face. Selected case studies are discussed in smaller groups in order to understand the company situation and to develop solutions for the respective strategic challenges. In the lecture sessions theories, concepts and tools of business strategy are discussed – both, with regard to the case studies as well as in a broader, more general context of business strategy.
Students will learn from each other in discussions and in the group situations and they will learn from the lecturer’s input and comments in the interactive plenary sessions.
Master International Business Studies (MIBS)
Master International Information Systems (IIS)
Master International Production Engineering and Management
For the lecture sessions, all students join one class at the same time (Wednesday 11.30 online via zoom or uploaded videos on StudOn). For the case study sessions, the class will be split into three separate groups. All groups meet at the same time (Wednesday 09.45 online via zoom), preceding the lecture sessions.
Students have to sign in for the case study sessions on StudOn.
Lecture „Business Strategy“
|Instructor||Time, Room||Live Sessions
|Prof. Dr. Sebastian Junge||Wednesday, 11.30 – 13.00,
online live sessions via zoom + uploaded videos on StudOn
|November 4, 2020 (introduction)
November 25, 2020
December 9, 2020
December 16, 2020 (Q&A)
January 27, 2021 (Exam preparation)
Case Study Session „Business Strategy“
Wednesday, 09.45 – 11.15
|November 11, 2020
November 25, 2020
December 9, 2020
January 13, 2021
January 20, 2021, 9.45-13.00! (double session)